The assessment of this area determines the national program's capacity to develop training activities, produce and disseminate technical material, participate in research, and promote disaster preparedness teaching in schools of medicine, public health, and other institutions.
Key points/Check list:
· Training in the health sector. Number of training activities per year, category of participants, type of training activities, and resources for their implementation.
· Training in graduate and post-graduate levels. Is the national program actively participating and collaborating with these institutions? Is an increasing demand for cooperation? Define the number of institutions carrying out teaching activities in the field of disaster preparedness.
· Participation of UN agencies, Civil Defense, and NGOs in training activities. Are they actually participating?
· Production of technical material. Does the national program develop technical materials? Who is in charge? What type of materials? What is the distribution?
· Field studies: Is the office of disaster preparedness involved in field studies or operational research?
Sources of information
Information should be gathered from technical offices, office of disaster preparedness of the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, review of locally available material.
Health Library © 2023 All Rights Reserved MiracleworX Web Design Mumbai